- Tomatoes are an outstanding source of vitamins, folic acid and antioxidant compounds such as lycopene.
- Lycopene’s effects in the human perform in many ways like bone health, cognitive function, body weight management, skin and immune system protection and helps to prevent a lot of cancer types.
- Lycopene is the antioxidant that gives tomatoes their rich red color. Tomatoes account for 80 percent of lycopene consumption.
- Also studies have shown that tomatoes and tomato extract plays an important role on preventing risks of heart problems by decreasing LDL cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
- Other studies point out that a tomato-containing diet helps to reduce the risk of obesity.